2018; WHAT UP

Hi friends, it has been AGES since I've updated my blog and BELIEVE ME, I've tried a couple of times but to no avail.

Anywayyyyy, lemme update y'all on what went down for the first few days of my 2018. Spoiler alert, they WERE HORRIBLE.

OH OH, before that, y'all might not know that I went to Penang last month with my high school friends. I literally went back to my hometown (whoop-dee-doo fml) but it wasn't as bad as I thought tho?

I guess its because I've been to Penang a million times growing up I just never saw myself as a tourist anymore to bother with all those touristy things. I mean, when you practically grow up in the place, you just don't go to places tourist go. You end up going to really basic places like the mall or whatever.

Should I update y'all on that trip?

On the 28th of December 2017, we all gathered at the aerobus station at our local mall AT 5 IN THE GODDAMN MORNING and departed to the airport to catch our 8:45 a.m. flight. (I think its about that time, idk, let me live). I remember we had breakfast at the airport, McDonald's I think. Just like the last trip lmao. Kent bought me ice cream from Family Mart and told everyone I bought him breakfast so nobody would ask him to buy them food HAHAHAHAHAHAH I REMEMBER THIS DISTINCTIVELY BECAUSE THATS SO LAME.

Breakfast at McD's
When we reached the Penang airport, a van picked us up and we went to eat again and then visited a bunch of temples before finally going to the homestay. It was a condominium located at Gurney and I remember we had a RIDICULOUSLY hard time trying to assign rooms to each person. We were legit cracking our head trying to figure it out omg it was legit KILLING MY BRAIN CELLS. Whatever, in the end Jia Yie, Sze Nee, Shu Ling, Jie Yin, Mige, Mie and I shared a room together and we shared a house with Sean, Kent, Heng Xuan, Jarod and Chong. Side note, I never noticed Jarod's existence. Honestly, I'm not even sure if we were housemates lol, he was busy isolating himself in a corner texting his girlfriend I legit don't even know if he slept in our condo lol HAHAHAHAHAH.

Later that evening, we went to the beach and took a bunch of pictures before going to eat dinner.


pic of me and my secret angel being silly by the sea:')


I THINK we also went to Gurney Plaza(?) But I could be confused with the next day's event. Lol, regardless, we went there and bought yogurt and that marks the beginning of me being hooked with peach yogurt HHHAAHAHAHAHAH. ALL THANKS TO CHONG. I remember walking back to our condo and I don't have memory of what occurred after this. Oh, well.

29 December 2017. We woke up DEADASS early to go to ESCAPE park. Its a theme park + water park and I remember always being behind Sze Nee and helping her hold her ropes so that she had more balance (because I was her secret angel). I recall being super hyper and legit DASHING through every obstacle as if I was on crack or something LMAO HAHAHAHAH and Mie or Mige asked me why I didn't sign up for the hard level the last time we went to Skytrex at Langkawi because I appeared to be able to overcome the obstacles pretty ok. But tbh I was just hyper that time.

After this, we went to the waterpark and OMG IT WAS SO MUCH MORE FUN THAN THE THEME PARK HAHAHAHAHAH. The food there were mad expensive and we also got our cash stolen from our e-wallet. We lost about RM100 that day. Anyways, the rides at that water park were almost like Sunway Lagoon, but because it just opened not long ago, there were very few rides only. There was this Aladdin-type ride, float slides, vertical slides and this vertical-fall tube slide. Those were the ones I went for and I don't know the actual name but hopefully its comprehensible lmao.



I don't know why we took a picture JUST BECAUSE we walked the zebra crossing like y'all this ain't London and we ain't The Beatles.

Later, we showered and took a bus to eat dinner. I remember Kent, Sze Nee, Heng Xuan and I ordered a bunch of food and shared it amongst ourselves. We even sat at a separate table and started talking bout all sorts of trash. HAHAHAHAHA. It was fun.




That night, we began to exchange presents and reveal whose secret Santa for who AHAHAHAHA. I found out mine was Sean lol. I KNEW he would be either my secret Santa or secret angel. He was being UNBELIEVABLY nice to me like it was SO ODD AND BIZARRE. I was so certain he was my secret angel for a short period of time and even told Mie and Mige about it. But after a few seconds, my memory hit me with a happening where Sean and Chong told us they weren't playing secret angel. And I was left with confusion and brought back to square one; with ZERO idea of who my secret angel was.

YALL. Let me list a few occasions where Sean was being STRANGELY kind.

1. He showed up at my work place and bought me Starbucks (when I didn't even ask for it) and even got my order right- mocha frap

2. When I was being depressed about my job, he told me he'd come cheer me up and asked if I needed anything and said he'd get me more gifts (at this point I was like???)

3. I sent him a snap of my post-facial, scarred face and he told me he would get me masks for my face and if I needed medicine for my sore throat (because I sounded hoarse in my vid)

There were probably more but these are the ones that come to mind.

MOVING ON. I remember when it was his turn to give his gift he was like, "Sheryl, come here" and I replied by saying, "I KNEW IT HAHAHAHAHAHA". At least thats what I thought I replied lmao. He got me an Adidas Originals t-shirt dress that was worth 3x our budget (RM30) and I WAS DEAD SH00K. You know how in dramas you see those characters feeling so burdened about receiving an expensive gift and you be in your head like, "WTF I WOULD JUST ACCEPT THE GIFT AND BE OVER THE MOON ABOUT IT". But in reality, it isn't like that. You legit feel super burdened bout the gift. VERY, VERY thankful. But also burdened.



He also custom printed me this card and he said he went to many bookstores but was rejected many times. The amount of effort he put into giving me this gift left me in tears like omggggg cri. You da best Sean:') (and I remember we used to fight a lot in AUSMAT HAHAHAHAAH like we legit argue all the time and Jacy even made Grace sit between us so we would stop fighting HAHAHAAHAHAH).

And I was Kai Heng's secret santa and I actually messaged him earlier that month pretending to be Chong's secret santa (to ask for his "help") and that faker told me he actually guessed that I was his secret santa🙄, bunch of lies. HAHAHAHAHAAH. Anyways, I got him at-home slippers, fuzzy socks, a sheet mask and an eye mask which he ended up losing (all of it) VIBVINDNVDN THAT ASSHOLE. But he also made it up to me (also as a mean to try to cheer me up because I had a bad start to 2018) by getting me small gifts such as funky socks, sheet mask and a nail polish HAHAHAHAH. How adorable.


gifts he got me

I remember on that night, Kent woke me up while I was sleeping and made me cry because I thought some ghost did it or something🙄, that little shit. And I even returned this "favour" by waking him up when he was sleeping lol.

I also recall Sze Nee and I attempting to do Kent's makeup before the gift exchanging thing HAHAHAHAHAHA



30th December 2017. I remember we went to Penang Hill because Chong wanted to go there SO BADLY HAHAHAHAHAHA. And I remember having a pretty rough morning because I got some bad news and the EXTRA AND OVER-EXAGGERATING ME ended up calling Thanushaa and jokingly asked her if she could come and pick me up because I wanted to go HOME-HOME. As in where I lived with my family HAHAHAHAHAH. But overall, we had fun and SEAN WAS SO WILLING TO TAKE PICTURES OF ME LIKE I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO EXPRESS MY GRATITUDE OMG. Because usually my sisters would get so annoyed when I ask them to photograph me hAHHAHAHAHA. I remember Kent, Shu Ling and I got henna and we were making fun of Kent because he looks like a typical Cina a.k.a Ah Beng HAHAHAHAHAHAAHH bc of his chain necklace, scorpion henna tattoo, dyed hair, typical Cina haircut, and that OG gangster sling bag for men HAHAHAHAHAHA.


so in this pic, I remember Chong was like, "lets do this pose" and I looked back AND THE CAMERA FLASHED AND I WAS LIKE FCKKKK DJNFIBVNF.





Shu Ling and I got HENNAAAAAA


^Snake skin legit feels super nice and idk where that stereotypical thought of snake skin being slimy came from lmao


^Y'all, pls excuse my voice omg;-----;

Later, we went beach hopping and just played with mud I think AHAHAHAHAHA and Kent thought it was funny to trick Jarod into stepping on horse shit and it actually worked like omg....





dis is me trying to be Tumblr :-) 

y'all what is Kent doing HAHAHAHAHA


After that, I remember Kent bullying me on the boat ride back to the shore where he kept splashing water on me and I was growing super annoyed and ended up being emotional for a bit. OH AND KENT FELL SICK FOR A BIT. A while before our beach hopping. He had a headache or whatever. Serves him right tho🙄, he was legit gaming the whole car ride when errone else was napping (it was a very long ride).

Anyways, we went for dinner after and I remember we planned to go to this Avatar Garden or whatever after dinner but I WANTED TO GO HOME SO BAD. And so did Sean so we voted and finally, only Sean, Mige, Kent and I went back to the condo and the rest of them went to Tesco to get some groceries hhahahahahaah.

That night, I remember there were bad news, people getting thrown in the pool and a lot of shenanigans.


^Kent getting thrown into the pool screaming "WO BU YAO" HAHAHAHAHAHA.

31st December 2017. I remember ALL of us woke up late HAHAHAHAHA. We were supposed to leave at 10 a.m. and all of us woke up at 9:30 a.m. lmao. We went bicycle riding around this mural art town and drank this famous cendol drink. The line for that condol was MAD long and in my honest opinion, was totally NOT worth it. Real talk, the cendol was like any other and I personally HATE lining up for food fgs. And may I just add, Kent DEADASS thought I couldn't ride a bike because he said I was very "princessy". LOL THAT TRANSLATES TO STUCK UP AND EXPECT OTHER PPL TO FETCH ME AROUND FML. And and when we were at the water theme park, Heng Xuan legit thought I didn't know how to swim. Can you believe this bullshit🙄. Like fgs, swimming would legit be my hobby but then I don't swim as often as I'd like so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.







After that we went to this fun house idk what its called but there were magic shows, weird illusions and just a lot of odd stuff HHHAAHAHAHAH. And then we went to eat and again, Kent, Sze Nee, Heng Xuan and I bought a ton of food and shared lol. And later, we just went home and chilled. I remember our condo being super messy by now and the other condo being super clean because they had Wang Jing to vacuum the place HAHAHAHAHAH. LITERALLY, Sue Ann is so goddamn BLESSED to have him hahahahahaha. And they also did their laundry and hung it errwhere round the house and we ended up copying them too hahahahaha. AND I remember our condo was so messy to the extend that when I snapped Brian, he thought that we fought and ended up pulling each other's hair resulting in the hair-covered-floor LMAO.



^The other condo.


^Our condo.


^Random vid of Kent trying to show off his "skills" but I missed it lmao but at least I got it on tape HAHAHAHAHA.

Later, we just went out to eat supper/ celebrate New Year's Eve. I was deadass wearing pyjamas omg HAHAHAHAHAHA. So when we reached the cafe, Kent helped the VERY indecisive me order and he ordered for me Mocha something and teriyaki chicken. And I ended up falling sick/ constantly feel like throwing up because I was already so hungry and he ordered for me coffee which upsets my tummy (according to Wang Jing).

The feeling of wanting to throw up but can't was so unbearable it left me in tears and Chong wanted to call an Uber to send me home but I refused to be such a party pooper and go home early on New Year's Day. Because of this, Chong cancelled the Uber and paid the cancelling fare CRI.

//Side note: its so ironic that when the clock struck midnight indicating New Year's, I cut myself on this protruding nail, fell sick and subsequently, ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE.//

After a while, Chong decided that I HAD TO GO HOME, he called the Uber again and Sean, Jie Yin and Shu Ling accompanied me home.

Sean was legit holding me so I didn't fall down because I was already getting a little tipsy and weak. And he was my pillar the whole way home. Because I looked super wobbly, loads of passerby thought I was drunk and gave me the "you should've known better than to drink" look and even said stuff like, "look at that young girl, getting drunk blah blah blah". (Which was what I was told, by Sean).

When we got to the condo, I remember Jie Yin getting me water and Shu Ling getting me meds and I took nap. Later, I woke to Sze Nee trying to reduce my body heat by putting a cold towel on my forehead and I also recall Kent coming into the my room and telling me to "Get Well Soon" lol what a geek HAHAHAHAHAAH JOKES LOVE U.

After a while, I felt better and went down and Chong was making jokes like, "You know ah, I asked Jarod to set alarm for 5 in the morning so I can check your temperature. If you were still having fever, I was gonna go out and buy you meds. Thank God you come down now, if not ah, limpeh wake up at 5 a.m. and check dao you ok already, WAHHHHH, I sure sibeh dulan one". HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I DIED AHAHAHAAHAH. I also recall going into the bathroom downstairs and saw this basin of water leaving me in confusion of the purpose of it. Later, I found out that they bought ice to try to reduce my temperature:') I'M SO TOUCHED OMG.

We later went to the other condo to reveal our secret angel. And I found out that Jie Yin was mine. HAHAHAHAHAHA and the only reason why I actually KNEW it was her was because somewhere during the trip she asked me if I know who my secret angel was and I replied "no" and she looked disappointed HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I was Sze Nee's secret angel and she NEVER thought it was me for once HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

And after that, we went to sleep around 4-5 in the morning wtf.


1st January 2018. We went to lunch at this nasi kandar place and the food was SUPER spicy but nice. Later, we sat a ferry to catch out 3:30 p.m. train but guess what? We missed the goddamn train and had to sit a crappy 6 hour bus ride home fml. And for New Year's, I ate a miserable burger from A&W's for dinner fml.



Waiting for our bus ride back to KL


---------------------

But overall, it was a really fun trip and I'm thankful to have met these bunch of people and even more grateful to have been able to spend another New Year's Eve with these losers hahahaha.

Big shoutout to Chong, Sean and Sze Nee for planning this trip, I know it couldn't have been easy and I want y'all to know that all of us are SUPER grateful for it. Thankuuuuuu❤️

And finally, I'd like to thank MVPs who took care of me when I fell sick on New Year's Day.

1. Sean; who was mad nice to me this entire trip. Thanks for being my secret santa and looking out for me throughout this whole trip. You were almost like my secret angel bruh. Thanks for being my pillar of support the whole way back to the condo. You were the first person who noticed I was feeling a little sick and even went down to get me hot water BRUH I AM SO GRATEFUL TO HAVE YOU.

2. Chong; who was willing to pay the extra fare to cancel the uber. Thanks for planning this entire trip and also the LGK one. You are deadass the most responsible friend I've got and I don't even know how to begin to express my gratitude knowing you were gonna wake up at 5 in the morning to check my temperature;--;

3. Isaac; who was there the entire time I felt nauseous in the restaurant. You were the first person I saw errtime I woke to the intense feeling of throwing up. Thanks for so willingly take that tissue soaked with my snot AHAHAHAHAHAHA. And thanks for getting me tissues in the first place:') ALSO, thanks for letting me lie on your shoulder when I was feeling weak.

4. Jie Yin; who was my backbone on the ride back to the condo. Thanks for letting me rest on your shoulder and also for getting me hot water when I was feeling better. I LOVE UUUUU.

5. Shu Ling; THANKS for getting me meds and looking out for me.

6. Sze Nee; who got me a cold towel to reduce my body heat, thankuu!

Finally, I'd like to thank all 22 of you for making this visit back to my hometown an unregrettable one  HAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Thanks for reading this super lengthy blog post of mine and I hope its not too late, but HAPPY NEW YEAR AND HAPPY 2018! Have a blessed one and stay positive:)

Sheryl.

Popular Posts